Sunday, April 26, 2009

We Are Ready!!!!

So we finally got Isabelle's nursery all done!! Officially, we are ready if she does make her appearance sooner than expected. Which signs have shown may happen. But we REALLY hope she can hold off until Sean is done with finals. The room is very simple, yet feminine. I do want more things for the wall, but haven't found what I want yet. So here are the pictures!!

The crib we got for free from a friend of Sean's. It looked great to begin with, but we (mostly Sean) sanded it down, painted and antiqued it! And thank you Dad for coming up to help with it, too. Everybody has already seen the quilt, but wanted to show it in the picture to see how it tied into everything. Thanks again to Crescent for going to the store with me to find fabric and teaching me how to put it together. And thank you to Megan for helping with the binding. I really couldn't have done ANY of it without either one of you! The canopy I am proud to say I did mostly on my own. I got curtains on clearance really cheap at JC Penney's. Bought an embroidery hoop and ribbon to assemble it together. Asked my mom and Megan for some pointers and VOILA! The cheapest canopy EvEr! And thank you Crescent for the pull backs. They work really well with the canopy! Now the mobile, was completely on my own. I bought the mobile and didn't use the arm that came with it. I wanted it to hang down from the center of the canopy. The hood on it didn't quite match, so I took it apart and used fabric left over from the quilt. I do have to say, it turned out pretty darn cute!!! Then I found these vinyl letters at Joann's on clearance, so I had to buy them. It seemed so perfect!


Most of you know that we have already nicknamed her Izzy. I have had this shelf down in the basement since last garage sale season. It was 25 cents, so of course I had to buy it! Even though I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. Well four hooks. Izzy has four letters. So I painted the shelf, bought some letters and painted them, added ribbon and hung them on the hooks right below her 3D ultrasound picture!


We moved the glider rocker up from the living room. This dresser we got from the Marchant's when their former neighbors left it. Again, looked great to begin with. But it was blue. So we (mostly Sean, again) sanded, painted and antiqued it!


Well there you have it! We are really proud of ourselves! Now we just need Isabelle!!

3 comments:

Anthony and Kristie said...

You did a great job on the nursery, next can you come do Kenzie #2's room? (We still don't have a name for her and Parker thinks because she is a girl she should have the same name as his other sister).

Crescent said...

It looks so good!! I am so happy that it is all finished so that she can come at anytime....well any time after the Loch Lea Estates Garage sale!!!

Stephanie Evans said...

Oh my goodness.... that nursery is adorable!! I am in love with the crib and canopy. Fit for a princess! Happy belated birthday by the way! I'm sorry I didn't get to stop by last night but I hope you had a great day and all is well with you and the baby.