Thursday, September 25, 2008

Apple Pickin'

Today my friend Crescent and I decided to venture up to Gasport to Becker Farms to pick apples. Here are some pictures of Maia and Xander picking away. We were allowed to pick Cortlands and Jonagolds. But for those of you that know you apples, you may notice that is NOT what we are picking. We were pretty certain that they may be empires. But, honest mistake. So we got quite a few of those before we realized. (Actually a gentleman informed us that they may not be. He had picked quite a few also.) So we kept them! What were we supposed to do? Throw them on the ground?


Showing off his beautiful red apple!!


Xander sneaking a bite. So we actually got a 1/2 bushel + one extra apple!!


Here are just some of the pictures that I enjoyed taking. I think they turned out really good. Xander really enjoys being with Maia. Actually both the boys have taken her on as their "little sister"!

1 comments:

Crescent said...

I'm so glad we decided to go!! I'm kinda thinking that we might need to take another trip next week so we can (legally!) pick more Empires, and all of the other good kinds coming available then. Megan and I are making a huge batch of apple butter today...I'll let you know how it turns out!