We had an ultrasound done today to see whether the hemorrhage was still there and if so, if it has gotten smaller. Well, it IS still there and it has not EVEN gotten smaller. Seems so unfair, since I thought I was taking it WAY easier than I really needed to.
So to answer the question that I am SURE is on everyone's mind...NO we will not be able to make it home for Christmas!!! Sorry to disappoint everyone. We were really looking forward to going home. It has been so long.
Back to the ultrasound...the baby IS doing great!! Growing really well. The ultrasound tech seemed impressed. "Except for the stinkin' bleed" as she put it, all is going well!! She said they will be doing another ultrasound in 4 weeks for the 18 week and they will look again to see if I am healing.
Oh, there was one other NaGGiNG question that I know needs answered! I am sure all of you wonder if we found out the sex of the baby. You know...I am ONLy 14 weeks! What do you think? We did bring it up. We mentioned that we know that I am not that far along, but is it possible to determine the sex of the baby? What do you think she said?
"Well, we can take a look!" But there was a hint of "don't get your hopes up." What do you think she saw?
NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!
That's great news, considering IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!
She did let us know that she couldn't say 100% certain, but she was "pretty certain!" And she said it with quite a bit of confidence in herself!!! My gut has been telling me this, so it just confirms my suspicions! It will be confirmed in 4 weeks at my next ultrasound!! So we will keep you updated!!
So to answer the question that I am SURE is on everyone's mind...NO we will not be able to make it home for Christmas!!! Sorry to disappoint everyone. We were really looking forward to going home. It has been so long.
Back to the ultrasound...the baby IS doing great!! Growing really well. The ultrasound tech seemed impressed. "Except for the stinkin' bleed" as she put it, all is going well!! She said they will be doing another ultrasound in 4 weeks for the 18 week and they will look again to see if I am healing.
Oh, there was one other NaGGiNG question that I know needs answered! I am sure all of you wonder if we found out the sex of the baby. You know...I am ONLy 14 weeks! What do you think? We did bring it up. We mentioned that we know that I am not that far along, but is it possible to determine the sex of the baby? What do you think she said?
"Well, we can take a look!" But there was a hint of "don't get your hopes up." What do you think she saw?
NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!
That's great news, considering IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!
She did let us know that she couldn't say 100% certain, but she was "pretty certain!" And she said it with quite a bit of confidence in herself!!! My gut has been telling me this, so it just confirms my suspicions! It will be confirmed in 4 weeks at my next ultrasound!! So we will keep you updated!!






8 comments:
HOORAY!!!! I'm SO excited for you! That is great news to balance out the not going home for Christmas part. I hope everything continues to go well! Merry Christmas!
Yipee! I'm so excited for you to have a little girl! What a wonderful thing to find out. I'm sorry you can't go home for the holidays. Have a wonderful Christmas!
Congrats! I'm so glad to hear things are going well. Keep it up :) Merry Christmas.
Okay that will be so fun if it is a girl! I feel bad you still have your bleed. Take it easy and enjoy your husband being home!
That is great news about the baby, congrats! Good hunch about knowing it would be a girl! ;-) Have a great holiday season!
Yay!! It's a girl!! Thanks for the treats last night! Let me know if you need anything.
How exciting, girls are so much fun. I am so glad the baby is healthy and hope the bleeding stops soon. Thanks for the yummy treats, I love them.
I can't wait to get back ans start the girl shopping!!
Post a Comment